Your Rewards Update
You might recall that throughout Picture Adelaide we didn't just ask for your story, we wanted to give you something in exchange for it.
Our special crowdfunding model allowed us to crack our goal of 1,000 stories; we had a fantastic time reading and dissecting your stories, but we’ve had an even better time organising what we’re going to give back to you.
There were a whole bunch of rewards set to take place across the city. So where are they all at now?
What's happened already:
- Plants – We gave away 250 flowering Dianthus from our nursery to the people who helped us reach our first quarter milestone.
- Movies in the Square – To mark our 500 story milestone we held a twilight movie screening in Victoria Square / Tarntanyangga. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (as selected by our first 500 story tellers) screened Friday, October 10.
- BBQ lunch – At 750 submissions we held a sausage sizzle in front of Adelaide City Council and had a blast serving you a free lunch.
- Laneway Spoken Word event – We invited everyone that shared their story on two of their social media channels, to an exclusive spoken word event in Leigh Street, on Friday, October 17, 2014. Organised in conjunction with Spoken Word SA, the night featured some of the state's best spoken word artists, storytellers and poets, with open-mic spots for our Picture Adelaide contributors to get on-stage and tell their own story!
- Time Capsule - Our video contributors were invited to place an item of their choice in our Time Capsule at Adelaide Town Hall, to be buried in 2015, on the 175th anniversary of Adelaide City Council's formation.
What's happening now?
- Outdoor Day Lounge - Every Thursday throughout October, November and December, Victoria Square / Tarntanyangga is transformed into outdoor day lounge, with tables and chairs for relaxing.
And what’s next?
- A grand mural inspired by the 1,000+ stories.
- An edible garden in Bonython Park / Tulya Wodli.
- Stencil art around the city.
Stay tuned to the Picture Adelaide blog and keep an eye on your inboxes for more on these upcoming rewards.